University of Rochester Wilmot Cancer Institute Oncology - Clinical Nurse Specialist/Clinical Nurse Leade//APRN in Rochester, New York
FT position available.
Exciting opportunity to work with a growing team of professionals on the most recent treatment modalities in Cancer Care.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support and guidance to the Oncology nursing staff (primarily outpatient areas) at Wilmot Cancer Institute.
- Ensuring that nursing orientation and continuing education are based on staff needs and practice requirements.
- Ensuring the conduct of clinically relevant performance improvement studies to improve care and compliance to standards.
- Collect, analyze, and address nursing sensitive outcome data
- Initiating projects independently and upon direction of WCI leadership/Associate Director.
- Developing, maintaining and updating competencies, policies and procedures based on practice changes and new evidence. Ensures standards of practice are maintained.
- Represent the Wilmot Cancer Institute on a variety of committees and task forces including NCI designation related projects.
Oncology nursing experience required; Oncology certification preferred. Master’s Degree required, but consideration will be given to applicants with oncology nursing experience who are enrolled in a MS degree bearing program.
Requires a Master's Degree in Nursing or related field and an active New York State license in good standing. Applicants will have 5 years experience as an RN with one to three years of leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The Clinical Nurse Specialist influences the quality and delivery of care in various roles including consultant, researcher, mentor, and practitioner. This role may be unit, program, or service based and is involved in continuous quality improvement initiatives.
Current University of Rochester employees need only submit a resume to NursingRecruitment@urmc.rochester.edu. All other interested applicants should apply online or submit a resume to Nursing Recruitment, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 619-19, Rochester, NY 14642, or fax resume to 585.756.5882.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Wilmot Cancer Institute Oncology - Clinical Nurse Specialist/Clinical Nurse Leade//APRN
Location: Wilmot Cancer Nursing Services
Job ID: 208372