University of Rochester Wellness Clerk in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 005 SON CNE Ctr Entrepreneurship
6AM-7PM; SOME WKENDS
This position will provide reception and clerical support to the UR Medicine Center for Employee Wellness (CEW), primarily the Biometric Screening Program. This position will often be the first introduction a client will have with our program and therefore, is pivotal to our continued success and growth. Primary responsibilities include managing the client flow at Biometric Screening Clinics, check-in of clients, and assisting Site Coordinator with set-up and take-down of each clinic. Position is responsible for accurately transmitting relevant health/wellness information to participating primary care providers (PCPs) using electronic medical record, as well as posting biometric and condition management visit information into Flowcast for billing purposes.
Clerk must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and courteously; professionalism in all aspects of interactions with clients; the ability to manage multiple tasks; organizational skills and attention to detail; and ability to think independently and problem solve. Position also requires strict adherence to HIPAA guidelines. Clinic sites will require travel in the Greater Rochester area and surrounding counties.
Provide Biometric Clinic support, including:
- manage walk-ins, use independent judgment and problem solving skills to ensure efficient client flow through clinic while accommodating needs of staff and clients; assist clients with scheduling of on-line appointment, if necessary; maintain professional and courteous demeanor at all times to ensure a positive client interaction; independently manage multiple tasks at clinic
- receive clients for appointments and verify paperwork is completed correctly
- assist site coordinator with packing/unpacking and transport of clinic materials; work with Biometric Nurse Supervisor to coordinate and organize clinic materials for multiple site locations, anticipating upcoming needs
- set-up and take-down of clinic and check-in table
- maintain supply inventory, ensuring appropriate quantity of supplies are on-hand; monitor supply of educational materials and paperwork, provide Supervisor with list of needs; place Staples orders as needed
- prepare weekly calendar of clinic schedule
- obtain client’s weight
- order and assemble nursing bags for new hires
- orient new nurse hires to quality control process
- complete monthly cardio checks
Receives and handles accurate data input of information for CEW. Verify appropriate PCP and contact information; research and resolve discrepancies; confirm appropriate participant authorization; gather, prioritize, enter, and transmit wellness program data to primary care provider through electronic medical records. Ensure appropriate use and distribution of electronic medical record information.
Create and enter demographic and insurance information into Flowcast for biometric/condition management clients that require billing.
Provide clerical support to the CEW, including, but not limited to answering phones, filing client charts, and copying and maintaining paperwork.
Other duties as assigned.
High School education and 2-3 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prefer 2 years of post-High School education; or the equivalent years of related experience. 2 years secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position with a demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision and direct an office operation. Experience in worksite wellness or equivalent is desired. Demonstrated superior customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
Must have solid skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Position involves travel between clinic sites and use of reliable transportation and a current New York States driver’s license is required.
Hours will primarily be 8:00am – 4:30pm; occasional flexibility beyond those hours will be required depending on clinic hours and location. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Wellness Clerk
Location: School of Nursing
Job ID: 209056
Full/Part Time: Full-Time