University of Rochester WCSA/SA Accounting Bookkeeper in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Student Activities-Stu Life
Exercises knowledge of University accounting/bookkeeping procedures. Follows written procedures and interprets and adjust for variations in procedures within established limits. Performs work associated with ledger transactions and related activities such as limited ledger reconciliation, resolving discrepancies to ledgers, distribution of monthly ledger reports and filing of back up documentation and ledgers.
This position is a member of the Wilson Commons Student Activities team and will represent WCSA on committees, attend departmental meetings, and assist with community building programs. Assists with the maintenance of all financial transactions for the Wilson Commons Student Activities (WCSA) Department. Under the co-supervision of the Student Organization Finance Office (SOFO) SA Staff Accountant and the WCSA Staff Accountant.
General Accounting/Bookkeeping for SOFO
- Monitor Credit Card Statements and retrieve appropriate back up on a monthly basis
- Pull back up monthly for FAO’s, track down and secure missing back up documentation that is charged on the Monthly Transaction report
- Responsible for the accurate data entry and encumbrance of the pending transactions in URGEMS
- Primary Point of Contact for Student Organization general transaction questions
- Prepare and deliver weekly deposits to the bank
General Accounting/Bookkeeping for WCSA
- Count and set the daily money bags for the Student operated candy and supply shop, The Common Market
- Process all bursar and banking transactions including but not limited to:weekly deposits for Common Market sales, petty cash reimbursements/withdrawals and EMS payments
- Prepare Blackboard and University Ticket reports for reconciliation
- With minimal supervision, reconcile Common Market ticket sales to University Tickets
- Set up and manage all tickets in the Blackboard Point of Sale system and University Tickets
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable for SOFO
- Assists the WCSA Graphic Designer and several Student Organizations with Accounts Receivable, including but not limited to; creating invoices, tracking and processing payments received, general maintenance of financial records.
- Review check requests submitted to the SOFO office and process payment twice per week.
- Work in conjunction with WCSA Reservation Coordinator to Pull FLEX reservations and data from EMS and reconcile on a monthly basis, calculate and collect applicable fees and issue payment via check when necessary.Relay delinquent payments to Reservation Coordinator.
- Meet weekly with Campus Times Student Publisher and as needed with the Campus Times Leadership
- Manages contractual obligations with Advertisers and advises the Campus Times publisher regarding Advertiser relationship/obligations, as needed.
AAS degree in Accounting/Bookkeeping plus 3-4 years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of URFinancials, URGEMs & QuickBooks preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: WCSA/SA Accounting Bookkeeper
Location: The College
Job ID: 208437
Full/Part Time: Full-Time