University of Rochester UHS Student Insurance Plan & Finance Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 University Health Service
8 AM-5 PM
Conducts complex analysis of financial data in support of the University Health Service Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), Student Health (including UCC), Fee for Service and Occupational Health Programs. Manages annual NYS DFS and SERFF submission of UR-SHIP documents. Performs analyses, audits, and tests necessary to ensure integrity of accounting data, account balances, and accurate reporting. Prepares annual Capital and Operating Budget. Performs moderately complex work associated with journal entries, variance analysis, and deposit of payments reconciliation. Under the direction of the Associate Director for Administration executes corrective action and solutions as appropriate.
He/she must possess a positive, helpful attitude in dealing with faculty, staff, students, external constituents, and co-workers. He/she should be a well-organized, independent worker able to function within a team environment.
Manages plan development and financial reporting, forecasting, and cost accounting for rate development related to the University Health Service Self-Funded SHIP and Student Program. Tracks and monitors claims experience.
Produces advanced reporting and analysis to include:
- SHIP annual financial reporting to the NYS DFS Superintendent, SERFF filing and other associated regulatory matters.
- Manages Third Party Administrator agreement for Self-Funded SHIP.
- Financial analysis of revenue and expenses for SHIP, Student Program and all UHS programs.
- Coordinates NYS DFS SHIP audits.
- Customizable reports to measure and report on UHS department performance goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain UHS quarterly Financial and Clinical data dashboards.
- Oversees and assists with quarterly Occupational Health billing.
- Other ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
Manages the reconciliation process for revenue and expenses completed by the Budget Manager. Oversees the processing of accounts payable, disbursements, and tracking of cost.
Manages and supervises Budget Manager and annual operating and capital budgets for submission to University Finance Office.
Analyzes and interprets data, statistics, and financial information and identifies significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
Implements, updates, and coordinates financial policies to maintain the financial integrity of the department and maximize internal controls.
Requires Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 4 year experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters Preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: UHS Student Insurance Plan & Finance Manager
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 208953
Full/Part Time: Full-Time