University of Rochester Technical Assoc I (S) in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Dermatology M&D;
8 AM-5 PM
- Research technician in a human skin immunology lab studying the immune response in autoimmune skin disease, with a focus on the role of B cells in lupus pathogenesis.
- Perform complex research laboratory assignments and experiments with minimal oversight.
- Manage day to day laboratory operations.
Under general guidance and with latitude for exercising independent technical judgment, responsibilities include most or all of the following, as well as other related duties:
- Work independently with only occasional suggestions in modifying, varying or adapting standard laboratory procedures to meet special needs of research projects.
- Perform laboratory tests using a variety of techniques, including: human tissue processing, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry and cell sorting, transcriptomics, cell culture, PCR, and ELISA.
- Extract experimental data and prepare schematics and graphical representations of the data using computer software.
- Present experimental results in lab and other meetings.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment to ensure quality, quantity and efficiency.
- Order lab supplies and maintain lab inventory.
- Teach laboratory techniques and procedures to students and laboratory technical support staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of the field through literature search, journal reading, and attending relevant seminars, meetings, etc.
B.S or B.A. degree in biological sciences and 1 year related work experience or any equivalent combination of experience, training and education required. M.S. degree in biological sciences and 2+ years specialized experience in related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred. Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and computer skills required. Prior research experience in molecular biology, immunology, human specimen processing, and the aforementioned techniques is a distinct advantage.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Technical Assoc I (S)
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 207880
Full/Part Time: Full-Time