University of Rochester Svc Supvr Matls Supply, SMH in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Hospital Stores SMH
Manage and oversee the daily operation of Hospital Stores Supply Chain Department including managing and directing staff that are responsible for ordering, receiving and maintaining inventory of inpatient and outpatient care areas. Using independent judgment, ensure inventory is managed in accordance with hospital policy and best practices. Recommend and implement with the Hospital Stores Supply Chain Manager, Inventory Control Analyst, Value Analysis staff and Nursing problem solving initiatives. Under general direction of the Hospital Stores Supply Chain Manager, with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative, oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of fiscal and operational improvements to ensure customer service, delivery standards, and expense mgt. goals for SMH are met.
- Manage the daily operation of the Hospital stores Supply Chain program in obtaining supplies for Strong Memorial Hospital inpatient and outpatient care areas. Establish and manage communication standards with nursing, distributors, vendors, other sites, clinical offices and clinicians. Identify, implement and manage Supply Chain staff in the solutions for problems relating to the process and/or ordering system and interfaces between nursing systems and the Material Management software while ensuring the integrity of the University Materials Management Item File.
- Provide, review and analyze reports for decision making and strategic planning. Establish requirements for par forms, count sheets, staffing and process using industry best practices in inventory management. Assist in the development, interpretation, and administration of Hospital Stores Supply Chain policies. Performs JCAHO inspections of all units and submits to Supply Chain Manager for further analysis.
- Supervise Hospital Stores Stock Keeper B staff, in accordance with hospital, union and departmental policy:direct, evaluate, conduct disciplinary actions and hiring decisions for the ordering and receiving areas in SMH Hospital Stores.Establish competencies and training of staff to ensure current and future Supply Chain, Hospital and University objectives are met.
- Under the direction of the Hospital Stores Supply Chain Manager, serve as the person responsible for carrying out the semi-annual physical product inventory for the 6th floor store room. Responsible for departmental and patient unit inventories and all products managed by Hospital storesas required by SMH Finance to meet cost accounting and regulatory requirements. Checks stock levels on end user departments. Provide review and replenishment for mission essential products located in department service centers.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with patient units and other hospital departments. Serves on Supply Chain committees as assigned. Investigates and follows through regarding complaints about service and report findings and initiates resolution accordingly. Conducts routine staff meetings to inform and receive pertinent information related to departmental operations. Meets with user departments to resolve operational problems and discuss quality of service. Is responsible for the issuance of credits and returns of supplies for inventory system. Collects and screens requisitions for processing.
- Maintains staff employee records on productivity and service, and recommends methods for improvement in these areas. Is available 24/7 for supervisory on-call to Hospital Store during days, evenings, nights and weekends.
Bachelor's degree with course work in Materials Management and 1 year (prefer 4 years) of related supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office software applications. PMM experience is desired. Experience with Lean principles, performance measurement, inventory management, system analytics, and finance and process improvement. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Supply Chain experience is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Svc Supvr Matls Supply, SMH
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209607
Full/Part Time: Full-Time