University of Rochester Supvr Clin Care Mgt, Prim Care in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 Primary Care Administration
This position is responsible for the day to day operation and management oversight of the Primary Care Network Patient Centered Medical Home clinical care model, supervising and mentoring 30+ RN Care Managers across two affiliates – University of Rochester and Highland Hospital. In addition, this role will work extensively and collaboratively with the Lead Data Analytics Coordinator related to workflows that support clinical quality metrics.
Manages and executes training initiatives and has direct supervisory oversight of Primary Care Network (PCN) practices Clinical RN Care Managers in the following areas:
- Care Manager Clinical workflows at the practice level
- Best practice/network policies for care management support in PCN
- Electronic medical record implementation and optimization related to care management work
- Will identify key community resources and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Manage all personnel matters pertaining to PCN Clinical Care Managers
- Provide continuous support, leadership and problem solving strategies to network practices.
- Maintain communications with physicians, SMD and Practice Managers to proactively identify needs and necessary clinical and operational improvements with population health initiatives.
Develop and implement Clinical RN Care Manager training, on-going competency development and evaluations.
- Development/revision and implementation of orientation, training and evaluation tools for Clinical Care Managers
- Develops, coordinates and monitors orientation plans with practice leaders ensuring Clinical Care Managers are ready to function in their essential job duties
- Prepare and communicate end of probation and annual performance reviews for staff
- Establish goals and hold staff accountable for assuring standards for monitoring clinical quality metrics
- Manage recruitment activities by working collaboratively with Human Resources staff to screen and interview potential candidates
- Oversee all performance issues and make recommendations/corrective action as needed in collaboration with Human Resources
- Performs regular site visits to meet with Clinical Care Managers one on one
- Addresses individual performance issues in a timely manner, gathering feedback from office staff and meeting regularly with care managers to provide feedback.
Works collaboratively with Primary Care Management teams to coordinate successful addition of staff/practices to Patient Centered Medical Home standards/workflows within the Primary Care Network.
- Performs gap analysis of needs related to daily workflows, chart documentation, etc.
- Provides on-going support to ensure successful PCMH assimilation into the network.
- Identify individual and group learning opportunities and arrange sessions
- Serves as clinical resource for PCN administration related to care management
May perform other duties as assigned or be assigned on cross-functional PCA teams to serve as a SME for care management and PCMH initiatives.
The position is expected to travel to network practices.
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing and a minimum of five years of professional nursing experience overall; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fulfilled the educational requirements to be licensed as an RN in NYS.
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- 3 years Progressive clinical experience including:community health, care management, and/or disease management is preferred.
- Experience working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team is required including team collaboration with physician engagement.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
- Experience/proficiency using an electronic medical record required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.Must be able to effectively deal with difficult situations in a poised and highly professional manner.Ability to function effectively with ambiguity and fast paced environment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Supvr Clin Care Mgt, Prim Care
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 206819
Full/Part Time: Full-Time