University of Rochester Sr Research Development Administrator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Dean's Office Col-Admin
8 AM-5 PM
With broad latitude for independent judgment, and in coordination with the AS&E; assistant deans for grants and contracts and the dean for research, this position will provide pre-award assistance to faculty for standard proposals as well as assist in multi-investigator, cross-organizational and/or multi-institutional proposals. Assistance will include grant writing, budget development and support, editing, collection and analysis of institutional data pertinent to research proposals, and coordination of nominations for prestigious awards for AS&E; faculty. This individual will collaborate with faculty, department and center chairs and others to identify research and award opportunities that match with strategic and faculty research strengths, disseminating relevant opportunities to the AS&E; community as appropriate.
- Assists faculty with proposal development, including advising, organizing, writing, and editing
- Assists with conceptual formulation and writing of non-research components of proposals, including broader impacts, administration plans, management plans, budget justifications, institutional context, etc.
- Ensures clarity, organization, accuracy, style, and quality of written work consistent with funding agency requirements
- Researches agency policies, including competitive intelligence on varied programs.
- Checks for specific details in solicitations and ensures proposal compliance
- Interacts with teams to help advise, create workflow calendars, and monitor progress
- Will help facilitate and execute nominations for AS&E; faculty for honorific awards
- Writes executive summaries of faculty research accomplishments, white papers of interdepartmental initiatives
Analysis and Coordination
- Researches and disseminates funding opportunities to appropriate researchers, groups, and faculty across campus, and advises on application strategies
- Monitors and analyzes changes in external regulations, legislation, and UR policies for impact on research proposals
- Researches organizational structures, policies, and procedures relevant to research development and summarizes best practices in field
- Performs ad hoc, analytical studies on a wide variety of programs and issues, as needed
- Liaison with Foundation Relations and Corporate Relations as needed
- Liaison with UR Advancement and Business Engagement as needed
- Tracks nominations, awards; benchmarks activities and impact of the Research Office
- Facilitates interactions with research administration, institutional research and staff; act as liaison between the Principal Investigator and Co-investigators and liaise between Investigator(s) and ORPA
Bachelor’s degree required; or advanced degree in the sciences, engineering or humanities is preferred, or an equivalent of at least 4-5 years of experience in grants pre-award management. (5-7 years’ experience preferred.) Proficiencies in addition to Microsoft Office Suite expected. Experience with FileMarker Pro and Access desired. CLASP certification is required (or must be obtained within a reasonable period of assuming role). Knowledge of University policies and procedures and various funding agency submission timelines, regulations and requirements (or ability to come up to speed quickly) required. Master’s degree desirable.
Superb oral, written and interpersonal skills required. Ability to work well under deadline pressures, exhibiting independent judgment, without sacrificing accuracy or customer service. Proactive/action-oriented and problem solving approach. Excellent time management and organizational skills. Open and collaborative style for teamwork and cooperation. Passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional work quality.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Research Development Administrator
Location: The College
Job ID: 206583
Full/Part Time: Full-Time