University of Rochester Sr Psychiatric Technician in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hrs Grade 092 ICU Flex & GeroPsych - Nrsg
In accordance with department policy and objectives, assists in the nursing care of the mentally ill by implementing various types of psychiatric treatment plans for groups of patients, including group interventions.
- Delivers health care services to patients and their families according to the interdisciplinary treatment plan. Independently implements the interdisciplinary treatment plan for an assigned group of patients, including group interventions. Revises and modifies plan in response to changes in patient and alterations in therapeutic approach; participates in planning conferences.
- Integrates multidisciplinary approaches to complete patient assessments and coordinate health care services across the continuum. Demonstrates problem solving and critical thinking skills in developing health care interventions. Participates in various therapeutic activities such as role playing, behavior modification, modeling, reality orientation, etc.
- Collaborates with patients, family members and the interdisciplinary treatment team to deliver quality services.
- Participates in ongoing staff development programs, workshops and seminars. Implements orientation and training for peer staff development, including the orientation and training of new Psychiatric Technicians.
- Participates in unit-based research and quality improvement, involving data collection and documentation of patient and family services. Records relevant data and reports data to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Registered Nurse.
AAS degree in a Psychology or Sociology field, and 2-3 years recent Psychiatric Technician experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s in Human Services preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Psychiatric Technician
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211397
Full/Part Time: Full-Time