University of Rochester Sr Imaging Equip Technician in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 081 Clinical Engineering
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS/HOL
Under minimal supervision, is responsible for service on the following types of imaging systems/equipment: dental x-ray, portable x-ray, ultrasound, x-ray film developers, computed radiography equipment, film printers and c-arms. Under general supervision, is responsible for service on the following types of imaging systems/equipment: radiographic/fluoroscopic, chest x-ray, mammography, nuclear medicine, angio/cath, lithotripter and direct radiographic systems. Position involves preventive maintenance, safety inspection, calibration, installing, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, electromechanical and electronic imaging devices. Position requires servicing equipment in both the hospital environment as well as at numerous offsite locations. Individual must be willing to work in close proximity to patients and staff in emergency rooms, interventional radiographic procedure rooms, cardiac cath rooms and in the operating room settings. Position must have the ability to interface with all the members of the Clinical Engineering team effectively. Individuals must have excellent customer service skills.
- Performs safety/preventive maintenance inspections on clinical imaging equipment to determine operational status and compliance with manufacturers and industry technical standards and specifications.
- Performs calibrations and performance verifications on clinical imaging equipment.
- Troubleshoots, isolates equipment malfunctions and repairs clinical imaging equipment.
- Responds to operator complaints about clinical Imaging equipment malfunctions.
- Performs equipment modifications when instructions, diagrams, prints, or schematics are provided for technical guidance.
- Maintains electronic medical equipment management database files for compliance with departmental and accreditation requirements.
- Other duties as required.
AAS degree in engineering technology, electronics technology biomedical technology or instrumentation technology and a minimum of three years of directly related experience in a hospital or health care setting or equivalent training and experience in the military in the biomed and imaging area. Or Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Instrumentation with one year of closely related experience.
Basic computer skills necessary; Advanced networking and system integrations a plus.
Able to read schematics and mechanical diagrams.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Imaging Equip Technician
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209633
Full/Part Time: Full-Time