University of Rochester Sr Imaging Equip Technician in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 081 Clinical Engineering
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS/HOL
Independently is responsible for service on the following types of imaging systems/equipment and radiation oncology therapy systems: dental x-ray, portable x-ray, ultrasound, x-ray film developers, computed radiography equipment, film printers C-arms, radiographic/fluoroscopic, chest x-ray, mammography, nuclear medicine, angio/cath, lithotripter and direct radiographic systems, CAT scanners, linear accelerators, MRI scanners and PET/CT scanners.
Position involves preventive maintenance, safety inspection, calibration, installing, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, electromechanical and electronic imaging devices. Position requires servicing equipment in both the hospital environment as well as at numerous offsite locations. Individual must be willing to work in close proximity to patients and staff in emergency rooms, interventional radiographic procedure rooms, cardiac cath rooms, in the operating room settings and radiation oncology treatment areas. Position must have the ability to interface with all the members of the Clinical Engineering team effectively. Individuals must have excellent customer service skills.
- Performs safety/preventive maintenance inspectionson clinical imaging and radiation therapy equipment to determine operational status and compliance with manufacturer and industry technical standards and specifications.
- Performs calibrations and performance verifications on clinical imaging and radiation therapy equipment.
- Troubleshoots, isolates equipment malfunctions and repairs on clinical imaging and radiation therapy equipment.
- Responds to operator complaints about imaging and radiation therapy equipment malfunctions.
- Performs equipment modifications when instructions, diagrams, prints, or schematics are provided for technical guidance.
- Maintains electronic medical equipment management database files for compliance with departmental and accreditation requirements.
- Instruct other technicians in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on clinical imaging and radiation therapy equipment.
- General Imaging and CT On-call responsibility.
- Other duties as required.
AAS degree in engineering technology, electronics technology , biomedical technology or instrumentation technology and a minimum of 3-4 years of directly related experience (5 years’ experience preferred) in a hospital or health care setting or equivalent training and experience in the military in the biomed and imaging area. Or Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Instrumentation with five years of directly related experience working on medical imaging equipment.
Basic computer skills necessary; Advanced networking and system integrations a plus.
Able to read schematics and mechanical diagrams
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Imaging Equip Technician
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208580
Full/Part Time: Full-Time