University of Rochester Sr Human Resources Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 008 Ofc Hum Resources-Benefits
8:30 AM-5 PM
Serves as Sr. Human Resources Assistant in the Benefits Office; Counsels University faculty, staff and retirees concerning University benefit programs, with a focus on the University Retirement Program; Primary focus is administration of the Retirement Program processes including audits, remittances, and data processing; Assist faculty and staff with inquiries regarding Retirement Program Benefits; Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Representative for Retirement Program Benefits. Supervised by Human Resources Representative II-Retirement Program.
- Typically, responsibilities include most or all of the following, as well as other related duties.
- Counsels and provides customer service to University faculty, staff, and retirees related to the benefits provided under the University Retirement Program. Answers correspondence and other inquiries regarding these benefits. Provides information based on knowledge of the plans, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Conducts plan audits to identify eligibility and contribution discrepancies, and coordinates with Plan Recordkeeper as needed to resolve issues and ensure compliance.
- Completes and processes Retirement Program remittance payments each pay period; retrieves, reviews, and files reports; wires funds to the Plan Recordkeeper.
- Monitors employee retirement program contributions to ensure compliance; adjust contributions to comply with limits, and initiate refunds as necessary.
- Researches and determines employees’ eligibility for University Contributions to the Retirement Program. Prepares worksheet and audits accuracy of eligibility adjustments and resulting contributions.
- Researches, resolves and responds (written and verbal) to issues/problems affecting faculty, staff and retirees’ Retirement Program benefits. Communicates with Plan Recordkeeper
- Monitors, tracks, audits and maintains records, reports, and statistics for University Retirement Program using Excel and query reporting.
- Acquire general understanding of University Benefits to assist with directing employee questions and concerns to the appropriate resources.
Requires two years of post-high school education and 1-2 years’ experience in human resources or related function; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, customer service skills, willingness to collaborate, and attention to detail required. Preferred experience with benefit programs.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Human Resources Asst
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 211911
Full/Part Time: Full-Time