University of Rochester Sr HR Comp Asst Total Rewards in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 008 Total Rewards-Compensation
Under general direction, provides limited administrative support by performing duties such as conducting preliminary analysis of compensation-related requests, responding to questions regarding wage and salary guidelines, Time and Labor/HR Compliance training inquiries, reviewing information and providing counsel and advice on various compensation actions. Promotes the HR Experience through the HR Values of Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Performance Excellence and Engagement. Consistently demonstrates the 15 HR Experience Behaviors categorized under the five dimensions of `One Inclusive Team, Performance Excellence, Leading with Integrity, The HR Experts and Valued Customer Resource.
- Provides counsel and advice on compensation actions, the annual wage and salary increases and monitors actions for compliance within established wage and salary guidelines; follows up with other Human Resources Offices to resolve any problems within established limits.
- Sets up and maintains files for projects and/or programs and assures that documentation is timely, accurate and retrievable. Interacts with the HRMS division to incorporate data/information into the new system.
- Conducts and/or assist in preliminary analysis of compensation related requests such as participation in surveys, data interpretation and subject research. Anticipates the need for, and provides additional information, for routine analysis and special requests. Primary contact for PayFactors system. Coordinates survey data upload from UR to PayFactors and ensures data integrity in the system.
- Independently assembles, compiles and edits data and information to generate spreadsheets, job descriptions and reports. Uses word processing, excel and other software programs for data input, analysis, data retrieval, and database management. Is responsible for data accuracy and integrity.
- Exercises thorough knowledge of University wage and salary policies, procedures and guidelines and regulations, including federal and state regulatory compliance, when responding to internal and external inquiries regarding University positions, pay scales and wage and salary programs.
- Coordinates administrative duties in MyPath (training/registration system) as it relates to Time and Labor and HR Compliance Training. Serves as primary contact with MyPath support for all software updates, running reports and input/coordination of training classes. Additionally, prints rosters, responds to email inquiries via the central HR Compensation email, prints materials, as well as pre/post class follow up.
- Coordinates all incoming job reviews, logs into the job review queue and does preliminary analysis of the job review package to determine appropriateness, missing documentation and follows up with HRBP as necessary.
Associates degree and 3 years experience in Human Resources or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer experience with data analysis.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr HR Comp Asst Total Rewards
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 209582
Full/Part Time: Part-Time