University of Rochester Sr Financial Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 URMC Payer Contracting & Reimb
8 AM-5 PM
Responsible for analytics relating to third party reimbursement, payer contracting and net patient service revenue.
Under general direction and with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
- Provide analytical reports for use by finance and clinical leadership and senior management on complex clinical, reimbursement and revenue matters.
- Provide detailed analysis of various statistical and financial information to be used for financial reporting, reimbursement and budgeting. Review departmental Business Improvement Plans.
- Provide various financial analysis for all insurance payer lines including payer profit & loss statements. Responsibilities include inpatient DRG and outpatient APC/APG modeling, payer settlement calculations and out of area government managed care analysis. Manage and maintain large quantities of data to ensure appropriate revenue reporting and to strategize payer contract negotiations.
- Develops and prepares the necessary financial analysis and reports for URMC population health management and risk contracts.
- Prepares complex and large data analytics with respect to hospital charges and revenue for annual ICR and Budget processes as well as the monthly financial statement preparation process.
- Provide support for the hospital revenue component of Axiom.
- Prepares various ad hoc analysis requests.
- Prepare departmental Incentive calculations and analysis.
- Work with clinical departments, hospital finance and patient accounts to improve the Hospital Service Master.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration; MBA or CPA preferred; 3-5 years of related experience in hospital reimbursement and financial management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Competency with Microsoft Office products required, especially Excel and Access; experience with McKesson HPM decision support system or other like systems preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Financial Analyst
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 205385
Full/Part Time: Full-Time