University of Rochester Sr Accountant in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Neurology - MC Admin M&D;
8 AM-4:30 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 3/31/19
Work under the general direction of the Director of Finance & Research with considerable latitude for independent judgment. The Research Administrator assists with all aspects of sponsored project management for the Department of Neurology. Performs proposal preparation and administers sponsored programs to specific principal investigators (PIs) or divisions of the Department as assigned. Responsible for financial oversight, management and monitoring of grant accounts as assigned.
- Prepares various sponsored project budgets for Department of Neurology principal investigators as assigned. Reviews protocols, NIH announcements, and other funding opportunities with assigned PIs or divisions and assembles/prepares proposal package and project budget to submit to the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA).Works closely with principal investigators to compile complete budget and ensure adherence to University and sponsor deadlines. Assists with identifying funding opportunities for assigned investigators. Serve as liaison to sponsors and University offices involved in sponsored funding including the Office of Technology Transfer, Office of Research and Costing Standards (ORACS), Research Subjects Review Board (RSRB), and University Committee on Animal Resources (UCAR).
- Meets regularly with Principal Investigators (PI), research staff, and others as appropriate to review budget/financial status and receive programmatic updates that impact projects. Review financial ledgers, reports and responsibilities with PI; discuss and make recommendations regarding staff allocations and spending priorities. Review Notices of Award for accuracy and impacts to project.Monitor invoicing of sponsors, subcontracts, and administration of other financial transactions pertinent to fiscal success of project.
- Responsible for maintaining workbooks as necessary to ensure compliance with University and Sponsor policy & guidelines including Post Award Workbooks, Quarterly Effort certifications, My Activities, Terming Project Accounts, etc. Oversees sponsor and subcontract invoicing/tracking by staff accountant to ensure payment for all clinical trial visits, reimbursable expenses, etc. occurs and approves invoices to sponsors. Identifies and suggests changes to effort as appropriate. Ensure PAWs and My Activities are accurate and up to date in accordance with University policy.
- Creates projections and spend analysis of projects on an ad hoc basis to identify potential funding issues. Updates various spreadsheets for tracking statistics of the research office and ad hoc reports as assigned or needed. Attends meetings as necessary to keep updated on research policies and compliance, and maintain CLASP certification. Processes financial and grant administrative paperwork as necessary.
- Works with Principal Investigators on progress report submissions, monthly term reports, extension requests, amendments and processing close out of clinical trials or grants. Identify funding changes and approaching project end dates to identify funding gaps and suggest new funding opportunities or reassign underfunded grant personnel. Work with staff accountant(s) to complete report of expenditures.
Bachelor’s degree required. 3 years of experience with grants management, financial accounting of grants or a combination of both in an academic medical setting required. Strong interpersonal skills and technical skills, including thorough familiarity with MS Office suite. CLASP certification required – must achieve and maintain certification within 1 year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Accountant
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 210077
Full/Part Time: Full-Time