University of Rochester Sonographer IV, OB/GYN in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 094 OBGYN US
An OB/GYN sonographer is a health care professional that has successfully completed the educational and clinical requirements mandated by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and have also successfully completed their sonography boards. This candidate will be responsible for providing diagnostic OB/GYN ultrasound exams as well as performing guidance for interventional procedures and genetic testing.
The OB/GYN Ultrasound department is a large referral center for high risk pregnancies and is comprised of two outpatient locations as well as one inpatient location. The department is currently looking to add a full time sonographer to the team to work weekday assignments and on call assignments.
- Following completion of a department specific training program, candidate must be capable of performing independent OB/GYN ultrasounds as well as successfully completing a thorough report and communicating results to the perinatologist(s).
- Candidate will be trained for and participate in ultrasound-guided procedures both in the department as well as in the operating room.
- Candidate will participate in additional ancillary roles within the department that include (but aren’t limited to): research projects, department performance improvement projects, etc.
- Candidate must be willing to participate in the educational mission of the department which involves hands-on teaching for medical students, residents and fellows.
- Candidate must successfully pass ongoing QA audits.
- Candidate must complete their annual CME requirements to keep their certification current. The candidate will be given the opportunity to participate in the department’s ongoing educational activities.
A 4 year college education, including related laboratory and/or technical training with certification by the registry of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, or other nationally recognized professional certifying body; or a 4 year college education in an appropriate science and 2 years of closely related laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional certification from the Perinatal Quality Foundation including: nuchal translucency, nasal bone measurement and CLEAR program desired.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sonographer IV, OB/GYN
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209417