University of Rochester Software Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Learning & Development
8 AM-4:30 PM
To assist in the development, configuration, and deployment of the Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Talent/ Learning Management System. Support onboarding of affiliate organizations to UR Medicine CSOD Platform; coordinate new Service Provider (SP) with CSOD, obtain URL, integration, establish and maintain staff data feed, security, governance, ongoing maintenance, training, and support.
Under general direction and with latitude for independent judgment and initiative activities include system design, System maintenance, data collection and analysis, customer assistance and:
- To assist in the development and configuration of the Cornerstone Talent/ Learning Management System. Becomes a subject matter expert in the operation of Cornerstone Software-as-a-Service application across the UR University. Understands and demonstrates the ability to manage security roles, settings. Recommends and oversees the enforcement of data and security standards.
- Manages and implements quarterly software releases with guidance from vendor and internal leadership. Configures and tests new features and functionality. Monitors database accuracy and general system performance as required. Assists in the documentation of system configuration specifications. Maintains an awareness of the status of organizational learning and performance management activities and projects; represents user interests in technical decision making processes.
- Works with staff to develop new techniques for process optimization and increased utilization of the system. Assists users to identify ways in which existing learning, performance, and employee development programs can be improved through more efficient or standardized use of the application. Develops statistical reports, and charts, to accurately illustrate the meaning of the information.
- Aids system users and department staff in trouble shooting, error detection and problem resolution. Serves as technical liaison with vendor when appropriate. Documents and delivers end user training on system features and capabilities. Provide recommendations on best practices for organizing, delivering and tracking learning and performance activities.
- Works directly with affiliate hospitals/organizations as the primary customer; support onboarding of affiliate organizations to UR CSOD Platform; coordinate new Service Provider (SP) with CSOD, obtain URL, integration, establish and maintain staff data feed, security, governance, ongoing maintenance, training, and support.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Instructional Design, Education, Computer Science, Mathematics or Business Administration. 2-3 years' experience with Talent/ Learning Management Systems, Software-as-a-Service applications, programming, database management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge Cornerstone OnDemand and University structures, policies and practices preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Software Specialist
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 211067
Full/Part Time: Full-Time