University of Rochester Sleep Technologist-Level II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 36 hours Grade 090 GCHaS Ped Sleep & Wellness Ctr
6:30PM-7AM; WKENDS/HOL; SCHEDULE VARIES BASED ON OPERATIONAL NEEDS; AT CANDIDATE'S REQUEST, SCHEDULE CAN BE REDUCED TO PART-TIME (24 HOURS)
The Polysomnographic Technician exercises skill, knowledge and judgment in the principles and methods of polysomnography. The technician performs comprehensive polysomnographic testing and analysis under physician’s orders. The technician works independently, is able to problem solve equipment problems, performs specialized procedures and is capable of generating a report that accurately summarizes all parameters of the polysomnogram. Has knowledge of sleep/wake physiology and sleep pathology as it occurs in the laboratory setting. Ensures quality data and patient safety.
- Competent in PSG, CPAP and more advanced studies (BiLevel titrations, Split Night and Seizure hookups).Note:CPAP is limited in Pediatrics
- Able to perform MSLT and MWT testing.Note:MWT is not performed in Pediatrics
- Consistently meets Quality Assurance standards of 75% reduction of respiratory events in CPAP and BiLevel Titration.Note:CPAP limited in Pediatrics
- Improving accuracy regarding sleep staging and event and arousal interpretation
- Has beginning recognition of cardiac rhythm abnormalities
- May begin introduction to scoring of studies
- Demonstrates more advanced troubleshooting skills – understanding limitations of software and potential issues that can arise
- Prepares to take Registry exam
- Using EMBLA (software and hardware) locate patient record, review history, data and test order verification.
Associates Degree in Polysomnographic Technology and hold a valid NYS limited permit. Permit is valid for one year and may be renewed one time. A NYS registered license must be obtained prior to expiration of final issued limited permit.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sleep Technologist-Level II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208223
Full/Part Time: Full-Time