University of Rochester Sign Language Interpreter in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 006 Interpreter Services
THIS OPENING HAS AN END DATE OF 6 MONTHS FROM HIRE.
The Sign Language interpreter provides interpreting services for all clinical and professional University of Rochester Medical Center staff, patients and family members/significant others who are with the patient. All Interpreters on staff generally provide these services during normal business hours at the Medical Center, Outpatient Clinics, and Hospital Affiliates.
Completes scheduled training and other required staff activities.
- Yearly mandatory online policy and procedure training
- Yearly health updates
- Attends staff meetings
- Other training/activities as necessary
Completes all paperwork and administrative duties.
- eRecord completed at the end of each patient interaction
- Database entries based on completed schedules and requests
- On-Call log if applicable
- Yearly certification update
- Professional development transcripts
- Other paperwork and assignments as necessary
Performs clinical duties.
- Interpreter carries a pager assigned by the hospital responding to all pages immediately.
- Interpreter interprets all assignments, whether prescheduled or via pager, in a timely and professional manner in accordance with hospital policy.
- Two years of post-high school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Membership with The Registry of lnterpreters for the Deaf (RID) and adherence to tenets within the RID Interpreter Code of Professional Conduct required.
- Minimum of two years general interpreting in a health care setting is required.
- RID, Board for Evaluation of lnterpreters (BEI), or similar National Certification preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sign Language Interpreter
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207475
Full/Part Time: Part-Time