University of Rochester Senior Director, Integrated Clinical Systems in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 057 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
University of Rochester Medicine healthcare information technology is seeking a Senior Director Integrated Systems, reporting to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer. The Senior Director provides leadership and strategic direction in the functional support, design, instruction and guidance of all integrated clinical applications. The Senior Director partners with operations of the major integrated clinical service lines including Cardiovascular, Imaging, Laboratory and Pathology and Radiation Oncology to support and improve patient safety, clinical excellence and operational efficiency and return on investment. The Senior Director is responsible for development of system strategies and architecture that aligns with overall IT strategies as well as the organizational strategic plan for University of Rochester Medicine. This position works closely with healthcare operations senior administration and executive management to ensure alignment of integrated clinical technology with the business goals of stakeholders. The Senior Director provides leadership to the Integrated Systems management team which includes Cardiovascular and Imaging Informatics, Integrated Systems, Epic Cupid Radiant, Laboratory IT, Shared Clinical Services and Clinical Engineering information systems teams. This IT leader is responsible for fiscal and HR accountability of the team as well as needs analysis, risk mitigation and management and business intelligence.
- Project portfolio
- Communicates and applies project standards across all integrated systems
- Enforces project portfolio deadlines and schedules, including resource constraint and schedule overlap with other units of the HIT portfolio
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings
- Provides status reports and updates on aspects of the project portfolio as requested by management
- Monitors project portfolio status and ensures that appropriate project monitoring tasks are implemented and utilized
- Serves as escalation point and decision maker as subject matter expert
- Operating responsibilities
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to business stakeholders
- Serves as escalation point and incident manager of issue resolution
- Oversees the development of functional requirements, specifications and system design specifications for business requests for multiple integrate clinical teams
- Oversees the development of system documentation, user manuals and training classes for application suite
- Oversees the development of test plans and testing efforts and ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Oversees ongoing process improvement initiatives within multiple integrated clinical technology teams
- Responsible for employee engagement and satisfaction of multiple integrated clinical technology teams
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to identify system deficiencies and analyze system problems and solutions
- Serves as facilitator of executive level governance committee
- Serves as liaison to clinical staff and healthcare IT aligning requirements with capabilities
- Strategic planning
- Development and report business intelligence metrics
- Develop and maintain ongoing five year strategic roadmap for integrated clinical systems
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to introduce innovative solutions
- Partner with CIO, Chief Imaging Informatics Officer, Chief Cardiovascular Informatics Officer as well as other physician leadership to develop integrated, operational approaches to integrated clinical applications and realization of benefits to patient care through technology changes
Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Business Administration or Computer Science or equivalent experience, plus 10+ years Information Systems and Change Management experience, and 7 years of supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems a plus.
- 10 years’ experience in Healthcare Information Systems, with practical experience in healthcare operations and systems analysis required.
- 6 years of management/lead experience is required.
- Experience with integrated clinical applications (Ancillary) is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of HL7 interfaces, DICOM integration, EMR conversion or PACS Migration beneficial.
- Strong leadership characteristics and managerial skills that empower and develop others.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate all activities of an applications support group with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the expertise to translate technical terminology into terms understandable by management, department heads and performance level personnel.
- An understanding of the integrated healthcare applications suite and their place in the clinical practice settings.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Senior Director, Integrated Clinical Systems
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212344
Full/Part Time: Full-Time