University of Rochester SEIU Salad/Sandwich Maker in Rochester, New York
Full Time 38 hours Grade 024 Cash Ops/Aux Ops
SAT/SUN 11:30AM-8PM; MON 8AM-4PM; TUES 4PM-10:30PM; FRI 11AM-8PM; WE/HOL; 9 MONTH POSITION
Prepares and mixes ingredients for making a variety of sandwiches; makes sandwiches as ordered. Cleans, prepares and mixes various ingredients according to computer-generated recipes to be used in salads, fruit cocktails, salad dressings, sandwiches and similar dishes; arranges vegetables and salads attractively; garnishes appropriately. Prepares special food products for patients, cafeteria service and catered functions. Sets up salad bar and replenishes as needed.
- Cleans fruits and vegetables, removing inedible portions; peels, dices, shreds or slices as required. Properly prepares and stores all produce to ensure maximum shelf life. Mixes ingredients for a variety of salads and salad dressings; cuts and portions; arranges attractively and adds garnishes; wraps and labels; stores; rotates and discards food as directed.
- Assembles ingredients; processes and portions special food products required for patient feeding. Assures that serving areas (salad bars) are supplied, garnished and adequate refills are prepared.
- Plans and prepares for following day/days.
- Cleans utensils, equipment and work areas; maintains prescribed standards of sanitation, safety and housekeeping in assigned work area.
- Reviews computer-generated recipes as a guide or receives instruction from the FPM concerning type and quantity of food to be prepared and size of portions; plans work to meet cooking and serving schedules.
- Processes, measures and mixes ingredients for making a variety of sandwiches such as chicken, tuna and egg salad; portions roasted/baked meats by slicing; makes sandwiches as ordered; labels sandwiches for display and places on trays.
- Records amounts of food left over or not served and records additional food items prepared.
- Mixes ingredients and prepares a variety of desserts for patient and staff meal service; arranging them attractively and adding garnishes.
Ability to read and write English and understand and follow oral and written instructions plus 6 months experience in a commercial food service; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 40-50 pounds.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
No job description available
SERVICE EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION (SEIU): How to request consideration for Transfer/Promotion after contractual posting period: Employees represented by SEIU must electronically apply in HRMS each time they wish to be considered for a vacancy beyond the contractual posting period. On-time qualified bidders for SEIU positions must be considered prior to any other candidates.
Job Title: SEIU Salad/Sandwich Maker
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 206781
Full/Part Time: Full-Time