University of Rochester Secretary/Receptionist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 University IT/F&O;
8 AM-5 PM
Within department and University guidelines and with minimum direction assists daily visitors and UR staff that have business to conduct with VPs, Leadership and others in the organization; provides administrative support for a training room used by University departments including IT HR & Finance; manages office supplies, permits and keys for several non-contiguous IT areas; performs secretarial/bookkeeper duties including updating financial reports, sorting and routing mail, submitting service requests, and serves as office liaison for external service vendors (coffee, water, paper products). Assists others in the department with special projects which include financial reporting and ledger reconciliation, database updates or interrogation, directory listing updates and other projects from designers and project managers. Demonstrate and coach IT Values, exemplary attitude and professional service to both internal and external customers and team members.
Serves as main receptionist to University IT College Town location. Must have knowledge of University policies, with excellent communication skills and be able to triage and resolve all types of practical issues for staff.
- Has frequent contacts with leaders, students and administrative staff attending training at College Town facility as well asvisitors and UR staff that have business to conduct with our VP and Leadership team.Routes routine and non-routine deliveries including pharmacy, Fed Ex, UPS, and postal items.
- Manages passes and keys for secured telecom and facility rooms; serves as primary gatekeeper liaison for building access.Responsible for pass/key budget & renewals, escalations, and liaison to ID office for contractors and outside vendors.Administers approved access requests through University gatekeeper system; recognizes security requirements for facilities/IT swipe or key controlled areas including major switchrooms and wide-area network peering facilities.
- Manages desk and cabinet key system for College Town facility.Orders and approves signage when needed.
- Responsible for mail room & office supply room at College Town facility.Responsible for office supply and non-technical orders for all University IT and Research Computing locations (non-contiguous supply rooms which requires superior communication, coordination and management skills.Responsible for special print orders including calendars, Brewer & Newell, & RR Donnelley forms.
- Cellular order fulfillment responsibilities. Includes processing of Service Requests submitted by University community to support cell phone coverage, changes, and fixes.
- Initiate and follow up on work orders placed with University Facilities and Landlord representatives; works closely with Administrative Assistants to resolve facilities issues at College Town facility.Primary interface with housekeeping staff and orders all housekeeping supplies (Hill & Markes).Attend monthly tenant meeting.
Responsible for management and appearance of common areas. Order pre-approved furniture and track orders. Must be able to negotiate positive outcomes with outside vendors, landlord representatives, and team members.
- Manage coffee service including adequate inventory and stock replenishment, ensure newspaper and other periodical deliveries; run monthly refrigerator clean-outs.Escalate to Sr Finance Director when common area issues cannot be expeditiously resolved.
- Maintain College Town space map and obtain appropriate approvals for staff relocations.
- Update Service Level Agreement database/spreadsheet; track and maintain Service Level Agreement workbook and SharePoint site.
- Assists others in the department with special projects which include financial reporting and ledger reconciliation, database updates or interrogation, directory listing updates and other projects from designers and project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Back-up to administrative assistant(s) as required.
- Will include calendaring, triage of incoming calls to department and multiple Directors as required.Sends payroll notifications and confirms system approvals.
- Assists Finance and Operations team with file labeling and organizing; prepares materials for presentations, interviews and meetings.
- Coordinates complex calendaring for Finance and Operations team and has demonstrated ability to organize special events.
2 years of post-high school education in secretarial studies or the equivalent. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation. Advanced secretarial skills. The ability to take dictation at 100 words per minute. The ability to operate commonly used office machines, such as voice recording equipment, adding and calculating machines, office copiers. OR a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above.
*Preferred Requirements: *
AAS Degree in Secretarial or Accounting/Bookkeeping program plus 3-4 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary/Receptionist
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 209622
Full/Part Time: Full-Time