University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Research & Project Admin
8 AM-4:30 PM
Provide secretarial support for Associate Director and Research Administrators in the Office of Research and Project Administration. Responsible for all administrative and clerical responsibilities for an assigned portfolio of departments. Assist with general office management and oversight functions.
Administrative and Clerical Responsibilities
- Responsible for accurate sponsored project proposal data in ORPA database (Coeus)
- Responsible for electronic file setup using OnBase and for selection of appropriate documents to be uploaded
- Responsible for issuance of subagreements to outside entities
- Compose correspondence for Associate Director and Research Administrators as requested 5%
- Responsible for account requests and progress report notification to faculty and their support staff 5%
- Responsible for receipt and distribution of electronic sponsored project awards from federal agencies
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of grant and proposal files for department portfolio and manage monthly account termination list
- Prepare and send electronic documents to the Office of Research Accounting and Costing Standards in accordance with defined parameters
- Pilot the use of electronic filing software as well as software updates working closely with IT Specialist to ensure department's requirements are met
- Assist in the development of training materials for the use of electronic filing system
- Provide detailed training of other secretarial staff in the use of electronic filing software
- Supervise student employees and their daily work activities.
- Serve as backup for other clerical staff with respect to phone coverage, supply ordering, equipment maintenance
- Develop detailed knowledge of ORP A website and assist Information Analyst in maintaining and updating website.
Education: 2 years of post high school education in secretarial studies or the equivalent.
Experience: At least 3 years, 4 years preferred, of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation.
Technical: Advanced secretarial skills. The ability to take dictation at 100 words per minute. The ability to operate commonly used office machines, such as voice recording equipment, adding and calculating machines, office copiers.
OR a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 209523
Full/Part Time: Full-Time