University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Psychiatry SMH Partial Hosp
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
The Outpatient Access Specialist in CPEP (Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program) provides clerical, receptionist and customer relations services while maintaining HIPAA confidentiality. Monitor and ensure duties are completed in an efficient, accurate and customer friendly manner. Is proficient at the use of eRecord and Alpha and is a resource to new staff.
Function primarily independently with minimal supervision and guidance from the Administrative Assistant, Lead OAS, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Managers, Social Work Manager, and Medical Director. Manage the flow of patient information between CPEP and the inpatient and outpatient treatment community.
Performs Receptionist Duties:
Maintains telephone coverage of 4 incoming phone lines.
- Demonstrates effective, courteous telephone manners on every phone call and interaction.
- Relays messages promptly and accurately to the appropriate person.
- Demonstrates accurate use of telephone system (i.e., transfer calls).
- Communicates and works well with other departments and administration.
- Greets and records visitors and families and provides appropriate direction and guidance pertaining to the unit.
- Treats all visitors, families, patients, staff and health providers with dignity and respect.
Maintains Patient Records Legibly and Accurately
- Assembles patient record upon admission/disassembles patient record upon discharge or admit to inpatient unit. Copies and/or faxes pertinent information to aftercare providers and as instructed by nurse, provider, or social worker.
- Prepares correct information for billing and for our records.
- Ensures all chart information is thoroughly completed during processing.
- Works with e-Record and Alpha systems.
- Prepares and enters daily data entry in a timely and accurate manner.
- Arranges Transportation for transferred and discharged patients as needed.
- Orders and maintains food and related supplies for our patients.
High School diploma and 2.5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to word process documents and enter data into a database. Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction. Demonstrates the ICARE values to patient, families and staff. Ability to act as a resource to less experienced staff.
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211476
Full/Part Time: Full-Time