University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Solid Organ Transplant SMH
With minimal direction and considerable latitude for Independent judgment, performs complex secretarial and administrative duties in a fast paced complex multi-disciplinary team environment. Responsible for supporting the clinical team who manage and triage potential surgical cases. Participate in quality improvement projects and act as a resource for the Transplant Team. Requires knowledge of UNOS and CMS regulations to ensure program compliance.
- Manage the intake of new referrals (hepatobillary and access surgery) through various sources including eRecord work queue, faxed referrals and phone calls from outside providers. Enter new patients into multiple systems Including Flowcast and OTTR as well as transplant spreadsheets.
- Assist RN and APP coordinator in gathering the required clinical and financial data to facilitate scheduling and financial approval.
- Update referral spreadsheet (Excel) with any new Information and surgeries
- Obtain information from PCP and referring physician for pertinent Information such as MRI, CT scan, pathology reports, dialysis Information etc.
- Update patient and physician demographics in OTTR and Flowcast to facilitate patient -provider communication.
- Schedule required testing in collaboration with clinical staff.
- Requires complex decision making to ensure testing and multidisciplinary appointments are scheduled to accommodate patients who travel from outside our service area. This process requires scheduling multiple appointments while working around complex logistical Issues including patient dialysis appointments and specialist availability.
- Schedule follow-up testing and clinic appointments.
- Surgical scheduler for hepatobiliary, access and living donor transplants.
- Examine, research and assemble necessary patient information via the scheduling system and multiple areas of the electronic medical record. Decides based on previous authorization approvals and denial experience, the relevant Information to be included in the request.
- Prepare and provides multiple details and facts to insurance carrier to obtain prior authorizations for both standard and complex requests (appointments, tests and surgeries}.
- Work with insurance companies to troubleshoot and resolve obstacles. Collaborate with providers when needed to obtain authorizations and appeals.
Correspondence and Medical Record Management
- Type patient letters with accurate, complete Information in compliance with UNOS and CMS regulations.
- Document testing and communicate pertinent information to patient. Using independent judgment send letters by regular mail or federal express if patient Is scheduled in a short time frame. Also use My Chart to send letters and communicate via telephone when required.
- Contact patient for updates or lab draws upon request of coordinator
- Assesses calls to understand patient needs, prioritizes medical concerns and obtains responses from providers and follows up with patient. Document phone calls and patient Interactions in eRecord system
- Provide ACD phone coverage
Administrative Secretarial Duties
- Order stationery and supplies
- Regulatory compliance check
- Meet with coordinator/APP team on a regular basis.
- Attend and/or do minutes/agendas for monthly staff meeting, OAPI meetings, and other meetings as requested
- Participate in a OAPI project
Education and Experience: Associate's degree in Medical, Secretarial or related field and a minimum of three years of relevant experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical: Standard office equipment Including computer, calculator, telephone, facsimile. Will use software for electronic medical record systems, appointment scheduling system and other systems as needed.
Team player: Experience working in a team setting Is preferred. This position requires a high level of interaction with many different team members Including other Pre-Transplant Specialists, nurses, APPs, physicians, surgeons, social workers, nutritionists, pharmacists, financial counselors and administrators. Must be comfortable raising concerns and speaking up in team meetings.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210697
Full/Part Time: Full-Time