University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 OBGYN Billing
With minimal direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment, performs complex secretarial and administrative duties in a fast-paced environment in support of multiple clinical programs. Responsible for all surgical schedule preparations, including but not limited to, providers ‘time and calendar management while optimizing provider patient schedule, coordination of patient care and information/data support.
- Prepares and researches upcoming surgical clinics assuring all documentation necessary is accounted for and ensures they meet Meaningful Use requirements. Appeals any denials for surgeries or imaging. Anticipates needs of insurance companies by gathering all necessary information for referral and prior authorization teams.
- Researches hospital medical records for information requested by physicians, insurance companies and attorneys.
- Exhibits URMC ICARE values while demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Responsible for tracking of inpatient and surgical billing; assisting providers with CPT and ICD10 coding if required.
- Schedules patients for surgeries from all different OBGYN divisions. Requires an in-depth understanding of each division and surgical needs of those patients.
- Decides the order of daily surgeries and ambulatory procedures for provider based upon patient’s medical conditions, severity and obtains necessary surgical authorizations.
- Negotiates surgical/procedure schedule by communicating complex details directly to the Operating Room scheduling office and Ambulatory Surgical Center Staff. Using independent judgement authorizes overbooking and rearranging of surgeons Operating Room schedules based on case complexity and medical urgency. Authorizes rescheduling when cancellations occur by applying protocols for surgical scheduling.
- Orders all necessary surgical/procedure equipment and devices based on application of protocols needed to conduct the surgery/procedure. Follows up to confirm that order is fulfilled and ready for surgery/procedure. Employs multiple contingency strategies to ensure all details, materials and locations are ready for surgery/procedures as scheduled.
- Based on the nature of the surgery/procedure, varies patient education and follow up details accordingly in relation to pre-operative readiness and post-operative rehabilitation expectations and activities. Is accountable for completeness of all relevant information from pre-op testing and evaluations for review by the anesthesiologist and the Operating Room.
- Assembles, from multiple tabs within the electronic medical record, the necessary details, for review and inclusion when completing disability paperwork.
- Assesses calls to understand patient needs, prioritizes medical concerns, obtains responses from providers, and follow up with patient.
- Serves as main point of contact for patients’ pre and post-operative.
Associate’s degree in Medical, Secretarial or related field and a minimum of three years of relevant experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical Terminology, experiences with surgical/appointment scheduling software, and electronic medical records, preferred. Demonstrated customer relations skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 212554
Full/Part Time: Full-Time