University of Rochester Secretary III in Rochester, New York
Part Time 24 hours Grade 007 Otolaryngology Clinic
With general direction and latitude for initiative and judgment, perform routine and non-routine duties requiring advanced secretarial or word processing skills, and proficiency in an administrative office of an academic, medical, service, business, or comparable department.
- Serve as receptionist by greeting and receiving visitors in a professional manner, and giving appropriate direction and guidance.
- Perform secretarial or word processing duties, including the sorting and routing of mail/faxes. Maintain files and office supplies, arrange travel and other accommodations.
- Occasionally compose, type, and sign non-routine correspondence providing factual information. Assemble information for and draft important and confidential correspondence. Revise, edit, and manipulate texts and documents for specialized presentation.
- Type summaries of, or transcribe verbatim, transcripts of administrative meetings and arranges for departmental, administrative, and other meetings. Type and distribute agenda.
- Perform other related duties.
Two years of post high school education in secretarial studies, or the equivalent. At least two years of secretarial, word processing, and practical office experience, preferably in a medical office environment, with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction. Knowledge of medical terminology and working in a group office setting is highly desirable. Secretarial and word processing skills. The ability to operate standard office machines and word processing equipment. Or, a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary III
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 209612
Full/Part Time: Part-Time