University of Rochester Secretary III in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Residential Life
8:30 AM-5 PM
With general direction and latitude for initiative and judgment, performs routine and non-routine duties requiring advanced secretarial or word processing skills and proficiency in an administrative office of an academic, medical, service, business or comparable department. Is responsible for limited departmental administrative details. May be responsible for assignment and review of daily clerical or word processing office operations.
- Provides limited administrative assistance to the Department Head and other staff members on specific administrative details assigned. May maintain records of staff or word processing production time used in grant accounts and expenditures for materials, supplies or document production, travel expenses, equipment maintenance and service, etc.
- Performs secretarial or word processing duties including the sorting and routing of mail and the taking and transcribing of dictation. Serves as departmental receptionist, maintains files and office supplies, arranges travel and other accommodations.
- Occasionally composes, types and signs non-routine correspondence providing factual information. Assembles information for
- and drafts important and confidential correspondence. Revises, edits and manipulates texts and documents for specialized
- Types summary or verbatim transcripts of administrative meetings and arranges for departmental, administrative and other meetings. Types and distributes agenda.
- May supervise other secretarial, word processing and clerical assistants.
- May control department petty cash accounts.
- Performs other related duties.
Education: 2 years of post high school education: secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent.
Experience: At least 2 years of secretarial, word processing and practical office experience with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and to direct the work of word processors or clerical assistants.
Technical: Advanced secretarial or word processing skills. The ability to take dictation at 100 words per minute and to transcribe at 55 words per minute. The ability to operate standard office machines and word processing equipment.
OR a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary III
Location: The College
Job ID: 212514
Full/Part Time: Full-Time