University of Rochester Rochester Data Science Consortium Intern III in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Institute for Data Science
The University of Rochester’s Goergen Institute of Data Sciences (GIDS) is seeking interns for its new Rochester Data Science Consortium Internship Program.
As an employee of GIDS/RDSC, the successful intern candidate will have responsibility for supporting projects in the RDSC, which is focused on advancing regional economic development and supports a range of partnerships with industry in areas of data science research, training, technology development and access to research computing expertise and resources. Interns will work with the GIDS/RDSC Research Scientists, staff and other university researchers in these domains to understand both current world-class competencies and planned future research thrusts.
Analytics have shown the power to dramatically transform all aspects of our lives – Big Data is no longer an issue, rather it is how, when everything has become a data source, we best leverage and capture the meaning of this data. Our goal is to leverage the power of UR Data Sciences to transform regional businesses beyond their existing core offerings to forward-looking, high-value, transformative offerings that propel a redefinition of Rochester as a dynamic economic hub.
As a part of this unique program, interns will enjoy the following:
- Mentorship by Consortium data scientists and staff
- Data science competency development –learning processes, protocols, and real problem set exposure and
- experience in different work settings (higher ed, virtual, corporate, varied business size)
- Dedicated programming / lecture series provided jointly by GIDS and the Greene Center
- Provide support to data scientists on various Consortium projects in collaborative or independent environment
- Record and interpret data for analyses, reporting, interpreting, or publishing
- Apply expert software skills to a wide range of coding projects
- Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in legacy code
- Participate in professional development opportunities offered through the Rochester Data Science Consortium Internship program as well as other development opportunities offered outside of the program.
- Candidate must be an undergraduate enrolled at the University of Rochester in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences program OR must have previously completed the equivalent at another university and be currently enrolled in the University of Rochester in any field.
- Candidate must exhibit strong verbal and written communications skills
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Rochester Data Science Consortium Intern III
Location: The College
Job ID: 208836
Full/Part Time: TAR