University of Rochester Revenue Operations Financial Analyst Regular in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Dermatology M&D;
8 AM-5 PM
Provides day-to-day information and direction to the Program Administrator for Revenue Cycle and Operational metrics within the Department of Dermatology. Works with latitude for independent judgement and initiative for the collection of data along with development of databases and analyses on operational, financial and reimbursement data for operational management, performance metrics, identification of revenue trends and statistical variances. Uses eRecord and McKesson for analyses as well as outside resources as needed.
Results of investigations will be used to identify revenue opportunities and quality improvements to benefit the department and the organization.
- Develops, implements and maintains a system for revenue cycle reporting.
- Uses McKesson, eRecord and other database programs to compile key operational metrics. Develops templates for routine revenue and volume reports that allow for routine reprints, data comparison, trending and process improvement.
- Audits information, professional charges and activity reports to recommend corrective action when needed.
- Completes quarterly chiefs reports. Prepared annual revenue budgets based on prior year performance and operational updates.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation for specific departmental activities. This includes but is not limited to line item pharmaceutical charges and line item reimbursement and reconciliation. Monthly reconciliation assures activities are billed and subsequently billed accurately. Coordinates information for offices so they know co-pay in advance of appointment to share information with patient.
- Reconciles professional revenue between hospital billing and professional billing. This is impacted by the March 4 installation of epic and the change to hospital based billing. Assures revenue is credited to the correct FAO.
- Prepare physician monthly dashboards and facilitates implementation of fee structures for new treatment modalities. Coordinates information from multiple departments to provide patient payment information and process.
- Audits topics upon demand. This includes but is not limited to modifiers 22 and 25, nonspecific cpt codes (999) and other unique billing practices for urologic services.
- Act as liaison to central Prior Auth (med + referral) team. Reports & helps communicate and troubleshoot issues.
- Staff position to Program Administrator and Department Chair. Assumes responsibility for special projects involving establishing time tables and activity plans, coordinates team members, research, planning and recommended changes. Ad hoc reports and other departmental operations functions.
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience in a health care environment and/or University setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated analytical and communication skills required. Knowledge of eRecord, McKesson Analytics and data analytics software. Understanding of revenue cycle process and impact to a balanced financial statement.
Master's Degree. Knowledge of University's revenue cycle systems Solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products, with an in-depth understanding of Excel.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Revenue Operations Financial Analyst Regular
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 212855
Full/Part Time: Full-Time