University of Rochester Revenue Integrity Facilitator, Professional Billing in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 URMFG Business Office
8 AM-4:30 PM
Provide service excellence lo our hospital departments, clinical department leadership, physicians, URMFG, and ISD lo gain greater visibility into business processes and to develop workflows, communication, accountability and ensure optimal charge capture/reimbursement. Improve the performance of revenue cycle processes including developing best prac1ices/clinical documentation, coordinating issue resolution. and establishing proactive prevention measures. Duties cover Strong Memorial, Highland, URMFG and regional affiliated hospitals.
Under general direction and with significant latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
- Coordinates processes between clinical operations and revenue cycle departments to insure accurate and timely charge capture and revenue reconciliation.
- Monitors compliance with revenue integrity initiatives during Epic go live and on an ongoing basis in the future within assigned department(s).
- Monitors charge review work queues related 10 volume, productivity, and other relevant factors and initiates action as required.
- Collaborates with Patient Financial Services, RIM. URMFG billing, and others on revenue cycle ini1ialives including but not limited 10 reducing charging delays/errors, and charge review work queues.
- Educates departments on Epic reports, dashboards and work queues.
- Serves as a resource and educator lo the clinical departments and URMFG practice staff regarding appropriate patient status, charge capture, and billing.
- Ensures designated areas of responsibility are capturing all appropriate revenue through ongoing monitoring via Dashboards and reports.
- Develops workflows, policies and procedures related to charge capture and revenue reconciliation to establish the expectations for clinical departments, physicians, URMFG and ISD. Implements "best practice standards".
- Directs initiative to educate departments on procedures, tools, benchmarks, reports, etc. regarding revenue integrity and charge reconciliation.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring proper reimbursement and revenue capture of assigned department(s).
- Accountable for risk, develops mitigation strategies/plans and implements strategies as needed.
- Escalate issues appropriately as they are identified lo Associate Director Revenue Integrity.
- Resolves problems and addresses issues related to charge capture by working with clinical department leadership, Patient Financial Services, RIM and URMFG billing.
- Identifies gaps in charges and develops solutions to insure revenue is captured.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director Revenue Integrity or Associate Director Revenue Integrity.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business and 3-4 years of related relevant experience in business office operations, consulting or auditing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Revenue Integrity Facilitator, Professional Billing
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 207971
Full/Part Time: Full-Time