University of Rochester Revenue Integrity Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 URMFG Business Office
8 AM-5 PM
In collaboration with the manager, the analyst is responsible for working across the professional fee org providing strategic oversight for all assigned revenue integrity projects. Functions include, but are not limited to: partnering with revenue cycle leaders and staff on process-based projects, cross-functional collaborations impacting revenue cycle performance and operations. The revenue integrity analyst may be responsible for preparing reports, analyzes data, updating or created process-based workflows and presenting revenue cycle findings to the Manager, Revenue Integrity. The revenue integrity analyst must have demonstrated working knowledge and a highlevel understanding of revenue cycle operations. The revenue integrity analyst reports directly to the Revenue Integrity Manager.
With guidance from the Revenue Integrity Manager:
- Evaluates requests for revenue cycle process-based project support and assists revenue cycle leaders and staff in defining project scope. Documents understanding of background need and driving factors and provides thorough assessment of overall project impact to revenue cycle operations. Quantifies impact using key performance indicators, where appropriate. Provides detailed recommendations for improvement. Summarizes findings and presents to revenue cycle staff and leaders.
- Understands the full scope of revenue cycle operations across practice operations and front end services, charge capture, billing and collections activities and how to match data to revenue cycle processes. Meets with revenue cycle staff and leaders to understand system and process improvement opportunities within revenue cycle. Produces narratives mapping processes to data.
- Builds or runs reports to quantify the impact of identified revenue cycle projects and opportunities. Interprets data and summarizes findings and presents to the Manager. Makes recommendations for process improvement or escalates to the Manager for additional investigation and action plan development.
- Partners with Project Management to prioritize and follow-up on escalated ISD projects and initiatives. Ensures projects are appropriately documented a to ensure full impact of the identified issue(s) are prioritized and resources assigned timely.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree and 1-2 years of related relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of the professional billing software applications
- 2-5 years billing office experience
- 1 year data reporting experience
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Revenue Integrity Analyst
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 212863
Full/Part Time: Full-Time