University of Rochester Revenue Cycle Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 URMFG Business Office
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under general direction of the Manager, University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group (URMFG) Practice Operations team, and with considerable latitude for exercise of independent judgment, the Revenue Cycle Specialist (RCS) is primarily responsible to support practice acquisitions, auditing and verification of departmental action plans, as well as provide ad hoc support to billing offices. The RCS is required to have the knowledge and understanding of all aspects of billing office operations, including principles of staff management/supervision, office workflows, insurance billing and collection activities, professional coding and compliance requirements, and management of professional receivables in order to ensure the highest of standards are maintained for the Enterprise.
*Job Duties: *
With general direction of the Manager and with latitude for initiative and judgment:
- Acts as operational leader in new practice acquisition process.Prepares operational assessments of current operations and prepares the new practice for changes in the future state.Provides on-site support at go-lives to ensure practice staff are following new processes and utilizing the Flowcast system in an efficient manner. Troubleshoots and resolves any issues that may occur at go-live.Acts as advisor throughout the stabilization period.
- Provides oversight and ongoing assessment of multiple billing offices. Ensures consistent operations including charge entry, billing and collecting from patients and third party payers, posting of payments, and reporting of results.Use knowledge and experience to analyze detailed operational and financial data for multiple departments. Provides feedback and recommendations to ensure departments meet or exceed all URMC established performance metrics relating to revenue cycle management.Documents findings and addresses performance metric improvement results with the Director, Professional Revenue Cycle, defining recommended next steps.
- Resolve complex problems, such as charge corrections, that require a high level of expertise and knowledge of the GE Practice Management system. Provide expert support to URMFG Finance to resolve issues within the cash reconciliation process.
- Provides guidance and advice to departmental Revenue Cycle Managers and/or staff. Maintains expert knowledge of charges, services, fees and allowances for multiple specialties to provide support and assistance to the Revenue Cycle Managers. As deemed necessary, will provide assistance with denials management resolution and other accounts receivable activities.Acts as departmental Revenue Cycle Manager during periods of prolonged vacancies or staffing shortages.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of billing office operations, including governmental and third party payer rules and regulations and communicates that knowledge to billing office staff, faculty, and others as appropriate.Establishes and maintains good working relationships with third party payer representatives and colleagues in Contracting & Payer Relations.Actively participates in URMC initiatives to help evaluate opportunities for continued billing efficiency and best practice recommendations.Serves as department liaison to other University departments and groups on matters related to business functions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3-4 years of related relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills. Excellent customer service skills.
Prefer strong working knowledge of the GE Practice Management system, 2-3 years billing office experience, at the management level, understanding of front desk operations and use of Enterprise Task Manager.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Revenue Cycle Specialist
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 209326
Full/Part Time: Full-Time