University of Rochester Research Assistant in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 077 Clin & Social Psychology-MHFC
8:30 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS
The Research Assistant will collect psychological research data on a federally-funded research investigation. Study participants are adults initially assessed during childhood. The current study will examine the long-term consequences of child maltreatment on adult physical and mental health through longitudinal follow-up of adults initially assessed in childhood.
Research Assistant will:
- conduct a variety of assessments with individuals, including observational paradigms;
- contact participants and schedule visits; maintain good relations with participants and address any questions or concerns;
- track and manage data; maintain project spreadsheets indicating what data has been obtained and when; back-up data files, run analyses and prepare reports on recruitment and enrollment.
The position requires accuracy and attention to detail. Applicants must demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral communication, and writing skills. Familiarity and comfort with Excel, ACCESS, and other databases, and statistical software such as SPSS, are preferred.
- Assist in the recruitment of participants for the study
- Contact potential participants and explain participation in current study
- Conduct research sessions with individuals
- Enter research information into database
- All other tasks as assigned.
BA or BS in psychology and experience with research.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: The College
Job ID: 210674
Full/Part Time: Full-Time