University of Rochester Report Developer in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 University IT / EA
8 AM-5 PM
The University of Rochester is recruiting an Analyst/Programmer to work in University Information Technology. This person will work on the design, development, configuration, testing, implementation, maintenance, and security of reports supporting the core University Advancement systems and solutions.
- Work with users to understand and document business requirements.Assist in the translation of the business requirements into configurable reporting components and rules.
- Perform analysis activities and create/participate in the creation of the functional specification under the direction of more senior report development staff
- Perform design activities (program flows, logic, file/database changes, etc).Create/participate in the creation of the report design specification under the direction of a more senior developer. Attend report design reviews and walkthroughs
- Develop and deliver reports that meet the objectives of the design specification
- Prepare necessary paperwork and documentation to ensure conformance to departmental/corporate standards and procedures
- Execute unit tests. Work closely with testers on the preparation of test plans, test data and integrated unit testing
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and/or systems. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- May coordinate the work of other Programmers assigned to projects and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Keeps abreast of trends as they relate to the computer field by self-study, attending job related seminars, courses or conferences which enhance personal development and strengthen the user service function.
- Performs other related duties, including presentation of seminars, courses and instruction on computer services as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency with Crystal Reports
- Good understanding of the basics of report development regardless of development tool or platform
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) preferred
- Experience with Tableau visualizations preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven customer oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet required deadlines
- Ability to contribute both individually and as part of or technically leading a team
- Ability to translate business needs into solution requirements
- Ability to provide on-call support as required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Report Developer
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 208047
Full/Part Time: Full-Time