University of Rochester Rehabilitation Therapist in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 053 Psychiatry SMH Child/Adoles
VARIES; WKENDS AS NEEDED
Subscribes to the Departments goal of creating a culturally competent environment by treating patients/families. Trainees, research subjects and co-workers in a sensitive and caring manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences. Participates in available events and trainings.
Direct Clinical Service:
- Conducts assessment of identified patients for Psychiatric Rehabilitation services.
Designs appropriate treatment plan goals according to patients
psychiatric rehab needs.
- Conducts evidence-informed treatment with patients
- Collaborates with outpatient team members to provide coordinated care
- Completes and maintains professional documentation.
- Assesses successful completion of goals and plans termination of psychiatric rehab services accordingly.
- Meets minimum target for units of service set by CCBHC director.
- Collaborates with referral sources and other professionals within the CCBHC throughout patient care activities.
- Mobilizes family and natural support networks when necessary.
- Establishes and regularly maintains cooperative working relationships with community and health care agencies and professional and administrative staff of the Medical Center and University.
Additional Professional Responsibilities:
- Maintains professional standards by reading, attending seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Competent eRecord User
- Attends weekly clinical/training/supervision meetings.
- Participates in Departmental and programmatic diversity presentations and meets annual training expectations on diversity
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission of the Department of Psychiatry and University by modeling honesty and i1itegrity.
- Personally committed to understanding and meeting the unique needs of external and internal customers.
- Contributes to the vision and mission of the CCBHC.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Department of Psychiatry. CCBHC related policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with support staff regarding patient scheduling, fees, and insurance issues.
Bachelor’s degree with major course work in a related health/occupational field required and 2-3 years of relevant experience working with adults and/or children and adolescents regarding mental health/substance use disorder concerns, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master's degree in a mental health/addiction field.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Rehabilitation Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 206974
Full/Part Time: Part-Time