University of Rochester Radiologic Technologist in Rochester, New York
Part Time 18 hours Grade 094 Imaging Sciences-General X-Ray
- Properly sets up equipment, positions patient and determines proper x-ray exposure in order to produce a high quality radiograph. Able to effectively work in all areas of diagnostic radiology including a designated specialty area.
- Translates x-ray requisitions in order to verify patient name, date and appropriate exam. Understands and practices the duel identifier system.
- Produces quality work in a timely manner.
- Accepts constrictive suggestions about work related tasks and makes changes to improve.
- Notifies immediate supervisor and/or Hospital Imaging Engineers of equipment malfunctions.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies in the x-ray rooms.
- Maintains patient record keeping by properly using the RIS system. Properly identifies images.
- Handles all radiologic equipment safely and properly including the PACS/CR and DR systems.
- Assists with the training of new techs.
- Capable of working independently and rotating thru the on-call schedules.
Satisfactory completion of formal training in an approved School of Radiologic Technology. Current NYS Licensure and ARRT required with current CE credits and 2-3 years experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207658
Full/Part Time: Part-Time