University of Rochester Radiologic Technologist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 MRI Radiology
- Properly sets up equipment, positions patient and determines proper x-ray exposure in order to produce a high quality radiograph. Able to effectively work in all areas of diagnostic radiology including a designated specialty area. .
- Translates x-ray requisitions in order to verify patient name, date, and appropriate exam. Understands and practices the duel identifier system.
- Produces quality work in a timely manner.
- Accepts constructive suggestions about work related tasks and makes changes to improve.
- Notifies immediate supervisor and/or Hospital Imaging Engineers of equipment malfunctions.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies in the x-ray rooms.
- Maintains patient record keeping by properly using the RIS system. Properly identifies images.
- Handles all radiologic equipment safely and properly including the PACS/CRand DR systems.
- Assists with the training of new radiologic technologists.
- Capable of working independently and rotating thru the on-call schedule.
- Arrives for work on time and as scheduled. Properly notifies supervisor of scheduled and unscheduled absences in a timely manner. Uses the timekeeper system properly.
- Meets ARRT continuing educations requirements and maintain ARRT.
- Maintains New York State License.
- Completes annual physical (Update).
- Maintains Professional Appearance.
- Maintains all University of Rochester Policies including infection control confidentiality, hazardous materials and safety.
- Interacts in a respectful manner, considerate of age and physical abilities (i.e., sight and hearing needs).
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient from neonate thru geriatrics.
- Possesses the ability to assess the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs as per department policies and procedures.
- Develops and/or supervises the analysis of patient information and interpretation of data to provide an appropriate plan and intervention specific for age related needs and provision of care.
- Interactions are courteous, clear and helpful to the customer.
- Creates positive interface between Radiology Department and all it’s customers, both internal and external.
- Does not allow personal conflicts or problems to interfere with interactions. Does not participate in gossip.
- Understands customer’s unique needs and expectations.
Satisfactory completion of formal radiologic technology training in an AMA approved school; licensure by State of New York Department of Health, Article 35 of the Public Health Law; registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; and 2-3 years experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 207047
Full/Part Time: Full-Time