University of Rochester Radiologic Technologist MRI in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Imaging Sciences-PET Ctr.
8 AM-4:30 PM
The Radiologic Technologist MRI, under the direction of the MRI Clinical Manager, Assistant Supervisor MRI and Radiologic Technologist MRI-Lead, is accountable for provision of MRI procedures; contributes to the Departments activities and supports enhancement of the care provided at the department level; supports peers in the delivery of Imaging Sciences MRI services; provides expert patient care, serves as resource, consults as requested and communicates effectively with all internal and external customers. The Radiologic Technologist MRI will perform MRI exams safely, efficiently, and of diagnostic quality. MRI experience preferred.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities:
- Setup and utilize all MRI equipment including imaging coils, patient monitoring systems, and related articles.
- Perform appropriate MRI examination on properly identified patient in a safe and timely manner.
- Evaluate image quality by troubleshooting scanner or coil problems and scan parameters.
- Identify and compensate for imaging artifacts.
- Review MRI registration and screening form thoroughly in order to confirm safe access into magnet room.
- Assist in training new MRI Technologists and students.
- Perform all filming, archiving, and PACS network data management for each patient scanned.
- Retrieve old MRI data for restoration and filming or networking.
- Continue to evolve in learning new techniques with each subsequent scanner upgrade.
- Maintain CE credits and ARRT/NYS license.
- Communicate all pertinent patient information to necessary staff.
- Utilize Imagecast (V 10) for appropriate patient information, completing/scheduling exams, monitoring the schedule, and technical communication.
Requires New York State Licensure as a Radiologic Technologist; successful completion of orientation, including required competencies; ARRT Certification with current CE credits. Two years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist MRI
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 208119
Full/Part Time: Full-Time