University of Rochester Radiologic Technologist-Lead in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 095 Imaging Sciences-General X-Ray
- Acts as section supervisor in the absence of supervisor.
- Troubleshoots situations, coordinates work flow and is involved with working decisions.
- Provides performance evaluation input to the section supervisor as well as hire and fire recommendations.
- Serves as a role model to new technologists and student technologists.
- Follows prescribed techniques in administrating radiographs. Adjusts equipment and determines proper x-ray exposure in order to produce a high quality radiograph. Ability to work in all areas of Diagnostic Radiology and participate in the on-call rotation.
- Translates physician's orders into appropriate X-Ray procedures, including preparing and positioning patients for examination and operating X-Ray equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies in the x-ray rooms.
- Maintains patient record keeping by properly using the DECRAD system.
- Handles all radiologic equipment safely and properly including the PACS/CR system. Properly identifies film.
Satisfactory completion of formal training in an approved School of Radiologic Technology. Current NYS Licensure and ARRT eligible required. One year experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist-Lead
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 206000
Full/Part Time: Full-Time