University of Rochester Radiologic Technologist CT Reg in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Imaging Sciences-CT
- Properly sets up equipment, positions patient and determines proper x-ray exposure in order to produce a high quality CT image. Able to effectively work in all areas of CT.
- Follows prescribed CT procedures and protocols in order to produce a quality image.
- Translates CT requisitions in order to verify patient name, date, and appropriate exam.
- Produces quality work in a timely manner.
- Accepts constructive suggestions about work related tasks and makes changes to improve.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies in the CT rooms.
- Maintains patient record keeping by properly using the IDXRAD system. Properly identifies image.
- Handles all CT equipment safely and properly including the PACS system.
- Assists with the training of new radiologic technologists.
- Capable of working in CT independently and rotating thru the on-call schedule.
- Translates doctor’s orders into appropriate CAT Scan procedures, including preparing and position patient for examination and operation CAT Scan equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Sets up the CT room for invasive procedures, assists the physician with procedures.
- 3-D reformatting of 2-D imaging.
- Utilizes proper sterile technique when appropriate
- Interacts in a respectful manner, considerate of age and physical abilities (i.e., sight and hearing needs).
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient from neonate thru geriatrics.
- Possesses the ability to assess the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs as per department policies and procedures.
- Develops and/or supervises the analysis of patient information and interpretation of data to provide an appropriate plan and intervention specific for age related needs and provision of care.
- Interactions are courteous, clear and helpful to the customer.
- Creates positive interface between Radiology Department and all it’s customers, both internal and external.
- Does not allow personal conflicts or problems to interfere with interactions. Does not participate in gossip.
- Understands customer’s unique needs and expectations.
Satisfactory completion of formal training in an ARRT approved School of Radiologic Technology. Current NYS Licensure and ARRT certification required. ARRT certification in Computed Tomogrpahy required. 2-3 years’ experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist CT Reg
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207154
Full/Part Time: Full-Time