University of Rochester Rad Technologist CT-Per Diem in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 094 Imaging Sciences - OP Bldg
- Properly sets up equipment, positions patient and determines proper x-ray exposure in order to produce a high quality CT image. Able to effectively work in all areas of CT.
- Follows prescribed CT procedures and protocols in order to produce a quality image.
- Translates CT requisitions in order to verify patient name, date, and appropriate exam.
- Produces quality work in a timely manner.
- Accepts constructive suggestions about work related tasks and makes changes to improve.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies in the CT rooms.
- Maintains patient record keeping by properly using the IDXRAD system. Properly identifies image.
- Handles all CT equipment safely and properly including the PACS system.
- Assists with the training of new radiologic technologists.
- Capable of working in CT independently and rotating thru the on-call schedule.
- Translates doctor’s orders into appropriate CAT Scan procedures, including preparing and position patient for examination and operation CAT Scan equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Sets up the CT room for invasive procedures, assists the physician with procedures.
- 3-D reformatting of 2-D imaging.
- Utilizes proper sterile technique when appropriate
Satisfactory completion of formal radiologic technology training in an AART approved school; licensure by State of New York Department of Health, Article 35 of the Public Health Law; registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; and 2-3 years experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Rad Technologist CT-Per Diem
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 206967
Full/Part Time: TAR