University of Rochester Quality Assurance in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 079 University IT / EA
8 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 8/10/18.
University IT at the University of Rochester is looking to hire an undergraduate or graduate student with interest in working with Quality Assurance over a ten-week period from June 4th through August 10th, 2018. This internship will be focused on Developing Automated Tests. This is a temporary internship opportunity.
This position is being offered as one of a number of positions being coordinated under the umbrella of the University IT Internship Program in the summer of 2018. As a result, while the emphasis will be on individual experiences based on a position description provided, the group will be organized as a starting cohort and meet approximately every two weeks. The emphasis of this cohort experience will be to expose all participants to multiple facets of the Information Technology environment at the University of Rochester. These sessions will combine presentation by IT professionals and group discussion to broaden the learning experience. All students will also be asked to prepare a poster session at the end of the program. This will provide program participants an opportunity to link classroom learning to the practicum, as well as formalize thoughts and service recommendations to the IT organization.
Under direction of the project managers and with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
- Developing Automated tests based on use case or test case documentation
- Gathering and refining use case requirements and developing test cases based on support team input
- Other duties as assigned including other forms of testing, software evaluation, providing feedback etc.
- AAS degree in Electronic Data Processing and prefer 1 year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pursuing (or completed) a Bachelor’s degree, and interest in Information Technology.
- Strong oral, written, and team communication skills, effective questioning, listening, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn and grow within Quality Assurance
- Familiarity with SDLC
- Familiarity with C# or Selenium a plus
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Quality Assurance
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 207790
Full/Part Time: Full-Time