University of Rochester Public Relations Asst in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Public Relations & Comns MC
8:30 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 10/31/18.
The intern position is meant to provide a communications student with opportunities to better understand and appreciate the scope of work within a corporate communications function. Within this learning context, the intern will have the opportunity to assist and produce communications work to support the mission of URMC’s Communications and Public Relations department. The intern will rotate among these specialized areas of the department: External public relations/media relations; Social media; research communications; internal communications & change management; video production.
- Assists with researching and writing news releases for clinical areas including Golisano Children’s Hospital and Wilmot Cancer Institute, as well as news releases for our Clinical Translational Science Institute.This could include interviewing members of the faculty and staff to ensure a comprehensive and authoritative news release is prepared.
- Assists with developing “story pitches” and follow up with media as appropriate.
- Assists with researching and writing posts for our Social Media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Helps update and provide fresh content for URMC Newsroom.
- Assists in the writing of other types of informational and promotional materials, including stories for our internal employee news vehicles: URMC This Week and Faculty@.
- Participate in reviewing communications analytics to continue to improve content of internal communications materials.
- Contributes to writing pamphlets, brochures, bulletins and fliers.
- Accompanies staff on media interviews.
- Helps with press conference logistics.
- Attends various staff meetings.
Must have completed at least two full years of study in a Journalism, Public Relations or Communications curriculum at an accredited college or University.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Public Relations Asst
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 207797
Full/Part Time: TAR