University of Rochester Psychiatric Case Mgr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 092 Psychiatry SMH Addiction Psych
8 AM-4:30 PM
CCBHC Targeted Case Management services are intended to support the wellness and recovery goals of individuals with complex and/or chronic behavioral health issues and needs by implementing targeted interventions designed to provide timely, high-quality, and efficient care. CCBHC Targeted Case Management services are organized around goals aimed at providing access to services that encourage individuals to resolve problems that interfere with their attainment or maintenance of independence, self-sufficiency, or maintaining themselves in the community.
Under general direction and with considerable independence, performs several care management services consistent with the CCBHC grant and also the Department of Psychiatry Policy. Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with community providers and resources to obtain needed services and support for enrolled patients.
Works as part of an interdisciplinary team to support the care of patients enrolled in a designated CCBHC outpatient clinic. Serves as a liaison for the treatment team to support activities to engage patients in care, connection to care management, and ensuring basic necessities are met. Utilizes community and family resources to create sustainable support systems for patients. Reviews and discusses plan with patient and the treatment team, focusing on linking individuals to clinical and social services within the system and community providers.
- Promote hope and recovery by using strengths-based, culturally appropriate, and person centered practices.
- Maximize community integration and normalization
- Provides leadership in ensuring the coordination of resources for individuals eligible for behavioral health services.
- Coordinates outreach and engagement activities focused on finding, connecting and retaining patients in appropriate community services.
- Available to assist clinicians as needed, to support case management needs.
- Provides milieu management in Reception areas, supporting patients to engage with mental health care, connecting patients to Health Home Care Management Services and other support services.
- Available to triage case management needs for CCBHC program recipients on an urgent basis, including walk-in's.
- Completes all Health Home Care management referrals, community agency referrals, and self-referrals for CCBHC patients who are not yet connected to Health Home Care Management services.
- Responsible for documentation of services provided in the patient's electronic health record.
Associates Degree in an appropriate human services field required or 4 years extensive, direct experience working with individuals diagnosed with Serious Mental Illness (SMI); or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Targeted Case Managers must be trained and demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of working with populations including but not limited to adults diagnosed with severe mental illness, children and youth diagnosed with severe emotional disorders, adults or youth with two or more services in an inpatient/outpatient SUD program within a year, adults or youth with two or more emergency department (ED) visits with primary substance use diagnosis with a year, and adults incarcerated for more than 30 consecutive days in the past 12 months. Transitional Case Managers should also be trained in Motivational Interviewing and person centered planning. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State License with a satisfactory driving record.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Psychiatric Case Mgr
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208659
Full/Part Time: Full-Time