University of Rochester Project Nurse in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 Surgery Quality Assurance
The Surgical Clinical Nurse Reviewer is responsible for the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP) including case selection, collection and submitting reliable data to ACS-NSQIP, analyze and interpret the quality outcome reports and participate in QA/Pl initiatives to improve surgical outcomes.
- Accurately identifies surgical patients for inclusion in the NSQIP program through the application of strict inclusion/exclusion criteria and protocols.
- Complete and accurate collection of preoperative, operative and postoperative data through the effective utilization of the EMR and other Hospital databases.
- Demonstrates appropriate utilization of resources necessary for accurate and timely data entry into the program's database and meeting the caseload accrual requirement protocol.
- Demonstrates applicability of data definitions utilized by reviewers within the program and participates in inter-rater reliability, (IIR) testing.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the Department of Surgery, Nursing, and all other Hospital Departments.
- Contacts patients and/or families via telephone and/or written communications postoperatively for the purpose of identifying possible post-operative complications.
- Serves as an educational resource on the ACS NSQIP program.
- Identifies areas for streamlining and process improvement in the data collection process.
- Prepares reports utilizing the NSQIP database as requested.
- Attends Department and Division level Quality Meetings/Conferences.
- Participates in UNVSQI Collaborative monthly teleconferences and quarterly meetings.
- Participates in scheduled webinars and attends the national ACS-NSQIP conference annually.
- Participates in QA/Pl initiatives for the Department of Surgery and Hospital.
- Current NVS Registered Nurse license, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum three (3) years' RN experience in direct patient care setting; surgical nursing required.
- Ability to complete ASC-NSQIP initial and annual training modules and certification exam.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills and ability to work independently under general guidance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), software/web applications, and electronic medical record.
- Clinical chart review and abstraction experience preferred.
- Quality improvement experience preferred
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Nurse
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209638
Full/Part Time: Full-Time