University of Rochester Project Manager, eRecord in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
This cross-application role supports two key areas related to the maintenance of our eRecord ecosystem – Data Courier Administration and the management of our testing life cycle.
- Testing Coordination focuses on all aspects of the testing lifecycle - organizes, and manages activities for the testing of new releases in anticipation of promotion to the production environment; provides technical support to eRecord analysts and our integrated partners in executing and managing test processes and procedures; responsible for testing strategy; application and integration test: planning, execution, and defect management
- Data Courier Administrator role configures and supports the interface used to migrate eRecord application build to the various production, non-production, and training environments. High level accountabilities include: environment strategy and management, design and implement settings to maintain data integrity and support the designated purpose of each environment, build and maintain the interface connections necessary for movement of data via the Data Courier, end user support including application usage and capabilities, error investigation, basic introduction/training on Data Courier (DC) and Content Management (CM).
- Takes responsibility for the production and approval of all testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones
- Works with cross functional application teams to manage and execute all testing activities related to eRecord (unit, integrated, regression, etc.) including activities, testers and resources during each testing phase
- Leads the creation of test plans and test scripts. Ensures test scripts cover the functionality within the design specifications.
- Solicits testing updates from project teams for updated workflows and new features requiring new script development.
- Manages the identification and documentation of defects, issues and concerns encountered during testing.Facilitates defect resolution.
- Communicate status on testing efforts, including metrics such as test execution percent complete and defect/issues logs
- Oversees criteria and signoffs which demonstrate adherence to process and quality assurance.
- Assists with efforts to improve and expand testing automation, requirements traceability, etc.
Data Courier Administration:
- eRecord Application Support
- Day-to-day user support
- Project testing and go-live support
- User & environment configuration settings
- Change implementation and tracking
- Documentation and archiving
- Error/issue investigation
- Manages the migration and troubleshooting of application build across Epic environments
- Maintains Data Courier interfaces and protection settings in accordance with policies and procedures
- Resolves CID/UCI synchronization issues
- User Development
- Data Courier and content management user training
- Ongoing user mentoring/assistance including DC Technical Administrator Backup(s)
- Strategic and Technical Planning
- Assists with ISD Environment strategyplanning for Upgrades and new projects
- Content Management development in conjunction with overall approach to change control
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering, and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology processes and documentation
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists
- Excellent interpersonal skills/confident management to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Familiarity with an EMR and/or Epic EMR and experience.
- Technical aptitude sufficient to learn Epic data structures and Data Courier interfaces
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of test methodologies, testing processes and lifecycle management.
- Epic certification required as part of onboarding and orientation
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Manager, eRecord
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209199
Full/Part Time: Full-Time