University of Rochester Project Management Associate in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Pathology & Lab Medicine
Under direction of the Clinical Trials Senior Project Manager and the Clinical Trials Operation Manager, and with some latitude for independent judgment, supports daily activities providing service to multi-center clinical trials and internal clinical research projects for the clinical trials central laboratory (CTCL). Produces and triages laboratory reports, and performs general support functions to support CTCL staff and clinical trials and research projects. Follows project specifications and communicates laboratory information and processes to internal and external customers. Communicates roadblocks and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
Supports implementation of internal research studies and clinical trials.
- Works with internal customers to define and document laboratory service requirements.
- Collaborates with supporting department areas (phlebotomy, specimen management, and technical laboratory staff) to develop processes to meet customer needs. Communicates service requests and provides staff training as needed in support of customized service needs.
- Enters and maintains accurate project information into the Clin Axys II laboratory information system.
- Prepares and maintains customer files and documentation.
- Creates custom requisitions and labels for internal research projects.
- Collaborates with laboratory Supervisors and staff regarding specimen collection and processing instructions.
- Assists with development of procedures and instruction manuals.
Supports daily operations for research studies and clinical trials.
- Answers telephone and e-mail inquiries from investigator sites.
- Investigates and resolves data and specimen discrepancies identified by the Specimen Management department.
- Coordinates transport of frozen specimens to other testing facilities.
- Produces and triages laboratory reports.
- Communicates project indicators to internal management.
Assists with necessary materials and documentation for projects.
- Designs forms and labels required to identify samples submitted for testing.
- Assembles study binders.
- Communicates supply order requirements to kit production operations.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Associate’s degree or some college level course work in science or a related discipline and one year experience, or two years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education, experience or certification. Customer Service experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy/physiology, or laboratory processing a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Management Associate
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 210351
Full/Part Time: Full-Time