University of Rochester Project Asst in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Kearns Center
8:30 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 8/3/18.
Serves as Summer Instructional Staff for federally funded college preparatory programs for low-income high school students in the Rochester City School District. Works with program to create and deliver curriculum in the subject areas of foreign language, writing, and mathematics for low-income, and potential first-generation college student populations in 9th-12th grade; program dates of M-F June 25th-Aug 3rd
- training and evaluation work prior to and after program dates. Works at program site (University of Rochester).
Provision of student services
- Create and deliver innovative curriculum in specified curricular areas
- Work with UB staff to assess participants, through use of school district data and student performance to determine curriculum needs of participants.
- Assist students with educational and academic achievement issues.
On-going program activities
- Assist the management team in conducting regular program evaluation and assessment; implement necessary and appropriate program adjustments based on evaluation findings.
- Travel with students; serve as student advocate.
- Demonstrated, in depth subject area knowledge of high school science, writing, and mathematics. At least two years of experience working with students in the target population, a desire to work with high school students, an understanding of the college application and enrollment process and potential obstacles to success on that path.
- Prefer some teaching/counseling experience at the high school or college level.
- Mandatory: The ability to relate well to high school and college students from low-income, educationally disadvantaged backgrounds.
- ability to communicate effectively and work on a team are essential.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Asst
Location: The College
Job ID: 207691
Full/Part Time: TAR