University of Rochester Project Asst in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Microbiology & Immunology M&D;
8:30 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 8/31/18.
The CFAR Data Management / Evaluation position would assist the CFAR Administrator, the CFAR Director of Program Evaluation and the CFAR Principal Investigator in determining/prioritizing the CFAR metrics and existing and new data sources. Responsibilities include gathering and analyzing data, developing tables, charts and reports, and assisting with interpretation. This person would also offer recommendations for additional data analyses and data collection. Examples of metrics and data include publications (single and joint authorship for CFAR members), submissions of grant applications (single site (UR, UB) and joint (UR and UB)), analyses of number of departments and divisions within UR, with UB and with other entities, and increases or changes over time. This person would report to the CFAR Administrator.
Working independently and with latitude for judgment, performs complex duties that require advanced knowledge, specialized skills, and abilities, including data analysis and planning data collection. Requires planning and performance of non-routine duties and complex assignments to determine work procedures and methods in accordance with broadly outlined objectives.
Conducts detailed analyses of program specifications, develops and making presentations to faculty and staff.
Interprets data, assists in analysis of programs and procedures and drafts written materials.
Develops routine or non-routine reports and charts, including data collection tools.
Assists in monitoring data and performs complex calculations.
Gathers and inputs data; cleans and codes data such as updating records, databases and spreadsheets.
May involve use of complex and specialized equipment or software (to be determined). Use of standard software includes Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel), survey tools (REDCap, Survey Monkey, others) and web browsers.
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in technical or statistical field and some graduate level course work in that field.
- 1-2 years' experience in the analysis and dissemination of information and/or graduate level coursework in program evaluation, data management, and program improvement; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of programming and statistical programming packages would be helpful.
- Experience with survey tools such as REDCap, Survey Monkey, others preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Public health background and/or analytic coursework also preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Asst
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 209102
Full/Part Time: TAR